Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Monday, January 9, 2012

7 Days and counting...

...til we find out what our little nugget is!  I'm so excited, so I thought I would start posting some previews of some nursery inspirations!  Today I'll start with baby boy ideas and tomorrow I'll do a post of baby girl ideas.

Surfer Boy Nursery

I love the colors in this room...the brown, orange and pop of blue.  Although I think we would use a brighter blue.

And I love the modern feel of this one, although it's a little minimalist for my taste.


And this is my inspiration board (from L to R and then top to bottom):
1. Modern Wall Art - Etsy
2. Carter's Slipcover Glider - Babies R Us
3. Valspar Orange Pecan
4. Baby's Dream "Cube" Crib - Babiesdream.com
5. Striped fabric for pillows and crib skirt
6. Palm Trees wall decal - Etsy
7. Valspar Splish Splash
8. Photo of James and I in Hawaii for wall art
9. Valspar Cup of Joe

Thoughts?  Suggestions?  

3 comments:

  1. I think that would be perfect if its a boy! So different than cartoons and jungles. Love it. And it is something he could grow into. I also think it is a great way to remember Hawaii too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the starfish wall hangings would be super easy to make and so cute. I love the colors because they are so non-traditional. I'm all for "adult-like" baby rooms. The surf's up sign is my favorite! The chair looks so comfy and I like that it's a dark color so it won't show stains as easily. I've looked at a lot of chairs at Pottery Barn kids and I wonder who in their right mind welcomes a kid into the world in a snow white chair? Accident waiting to happen. I also think you could reuse it in another room later once they grow up. Basically I love everything about it, except you're having a girl. ;D I can't wait to see your Parisian Diva decor next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what can I make you for this epic nursery?

    ReplyDelete