Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

20 Weeks: Halfway There!

20 Weeks


Baby size: 6.5 inches, 10.6 ounces, about the size of a small cantaloupe.  The baby's genitals are fully formed and we will know the secret of boy or girl very soon!
How far along: 20 Weeks.
Total weight gain: 10.5 lbs
Sleep: Sleep and I seem to be getting along these days.  I haven't really even had much trouble with waking up in the middle of the night to pee.
Maternity Clothes: I bought a few tank tops on sale at A Pea in the Pod this week for the summer time.  Really all I need to buy is a few sundresses and shorts for summer and I'm all set.  I have plenty of jeans for work and that's pretty much all I wear outside of work anyway!
Food cravings: Still no cravings.  I do prefer to drink carbonated beverages because they help keep heartburn away, so I got some sparkling water so that I wouldn't be so tempted to drink soda.
Food aversions:  None.
Symptoms: My belly is getting really itchy from the skin stretching out, so I'm thinking I'm going to hit a growth spurt here pretty soon.  I switched from using lotion on my belly to an oil, I love the Mamo Mio Stretch Mark Oil.
Exercise: Bad, bad, bad!  It's been cold and I've been working a lot, so I haven't been walking.  And I haven't had much energy by the time I get home from work to do my videos.  But, on the upside that has given me plenty of room for sleep.  I'm talking: getting home from work at 5:30pm and being in bed by 7pm!
Movement: Still nothing.  I still shouldn't really be concerned because they say it can take until 22-24 weeks to feel anything with your first, but I'm jealous because my friend who's 3 weeks behind me is already feeling hers move!
Belly Button: Still an innie...for now.  I can sometimes pop it all the way out if I try, so I'm sure it's only a matter of time!
Gender: Stay tuned for a post tomorrow!
What I’m looking forward to:  Tomorrow!  I can't wait to know what this little nugget inside me is!  
What I miss:  Not needed 12-14 hours of sleep to feel fully rested.  I feel like I get nothing done.

2 comments:

  1. Yay so exciting, tomorrow is the big day! So happy for you all. You look amazing, I bet in the end you will look like you just swallowed a basketball lol. Can't wait to hear the news tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete