Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

19 Weeks

19 Weeks

Baby size: 6.0 inches, 8.5 ounces, about the size of a mango.  The baby's arms and legs are now the correct proportions to his/her body!
How far along: 19 Weeks.
Total weight gain: 8.5 lbs.  I've finally hit the 140 mark, crazy.
Sleep: Sleep was awesome until this totally un-awesome cold that I got.  Now I'm lucky to get 4 hours at a time between having to take more cough medicine and re-fill the humidifier.
Maternity Clothes: I'm officially avoiding non-maternity clothes. 
Food cravings : Still no cravings, although I've eaten a lot of soup and spaghetti-o's because of being sick and the heat feels good on my sore throat.
Food aversions:  None.
Symptoms: None really this week.  Even heartburn has been on the decline.  Oh, but I have been feeling round ligament pain like crazy.  That must mean the baby is gearing up for some serious growing!
Exercise: I've been walking again because the weather was nicer for part of the week.  It was above 60 yesterday which made for a really nice neighborhood walk.
MovementStill haven't felt anything that I would FOR SURE say is the baby.  But, I have felt some funny feelings that I thought could be movement.
Belly Button: Still an innie, but I can see all the way to the bottom of it, so I'm pretty sure mine will pop at some point.
Gender: Only one more week til we know who's growing in there!
What I’m looking forward to:  The big gender reveal ultrasound next Monday.  It's so hard to believe that it's not going to be a mystery anymore!  
What I miss:  Nothing really this week, I'm just so thankful that everything's going so well and I'm not puking my guts out.  There are of course things that I'll miss, but in the grand scheme of things, I don't really think about them that much.

3 comments:

  1. That's great that it only a week until you know if it is a boy or girl! My mom decided not to find out and they thought they were having 2 boys haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Guess you proved them all wrong Amy! That's too funny, what made her think that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well my dad though he saw 2 sets of boys parts lol and we had a fused placenta so it looked like it could be identical twins. Though the doctor knew all along. So I was the first one to be born and mom just shouted Amy! so that is how I got my name and all the doctor said was there's the girl haha

    ReplyDelete