Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

21 Weeks

21 Weeks



Baby size: 10.5 inches, 12.7 ounces, about the size of a banana.  Up until this week, his measurements were taken from "crown to rump", but from now until the end they will be taken from head to feet.
How far along: 21 Weeks.
Total weight gain: 11.5 lbs
Sleep: I think I'm getting the hang of sleep.  Although, I think now that I've figured it out, and am sleeping well, his movements are getting strong enough that they're going to be waking me up soon!
Maternity Clothes: Still able to wear a lot of my pre pregnancy tops, but pants are a no go.  I'm wearing all maternity bottoms.
Food cravings: Still no cravings.
Food aversions:  None.
Symptoms: Nothing but mild heartburn and indigestion this week.
Exercise: I've still been awful about working out, but hopefully this week I can find more time to fit it in.  Although, I feel like I say that every week and then my fatigue takes over and I want nothing but sleep in my down time.
MovementI'm finally feeling him move!  A lot this week actually!  It's not super strong yet, but I know that it's him.  I mostly feel him when I'm laying down at night.
Belly Button: Still an innie...for now. 
Gender: It's a boy!  And he has a name!  Maxwell Wallace Nichols.
What I’m looking forward to:  Painting and setting up the nursery!  We've bought his dressers and crib and we're waiting for some paint to come back in stock.  Once it does, we'll paint and set up the furniture we've gotten! 
What I miss:  Taking HOT baths.  I've had to take pretty much lukewarm baths for the past few months and I really miss a good steaming HOT bath!

4 comments:

  1. Alright, you officially look pregnant now. I think he grew a ton this week! Pleased to meet you little Maxwell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I feel like he must be getting bigger because I still only gained a pound this week and I definitely think my belly grew quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely see the difference! I think he has grown a big since you are now have a baby bump! Congrats and I love the name!

    ReplyDelete