Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

18 Weeks: Happy New Year!

18 Weeks


Baby size: 5.6 inches, 6.7 ounces, about the size of a sweet potato.  The baby is now yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing!
How far along: 18 Weeks.
Total weight gain: 7.5 lbs.  Didn't gain anything this week.
Sleep: Starting to get a lot better, but also much more necessary.  On a normal day, I wake up, get ready for an hour, go to work for 8 to 9 hours, come home, sit for an hour, and go to sleep.
Maternity Clothes: My parents came up this weekend, so my mom and I went shopping to get the rest of my maternity clothing.  All I will need now is nursing stuff.
Food cravings : Still no cravings.
Food aversions:  None this week. 
Symptoms: Still have to pee all the time, but heartburn hasn't been too bad this week.
Exercise: Still haven't been working out much because I've been so exhausted lately.
Movement: I thought maybe I felt something the other day, but I'm still not sure.  And I haven't felt anything since.
Belly Button: Still an innie, but probably not for long.
Gender: 2 more weeks til we know Blue or Pink!
What I’m looking forward to:  Knowing what we're having so we can start planning the nursery, feeling the baby move, buying all the baby gear that we'll need.
What I miss:  Not feeling so tired all the time.  I feel like I've gotten so boring.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to find out! I bet you are so excited! I'm excited to buy really tiny outfits and mail them your way. :) You look great and all that sleep means your baby is getting bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your not boring ma! we love you just the way you are!

    ReplyDelete