Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Friday, February 10, 2012

The things no one warns you about...

  • Baby's kick...but they don't always just kick you in the belly.  They also sometimes like to kick you in the lady bits.  Not fun.
  • When you are sick while pregnant, there is NOTHING you can take that has 0 chance of harming the baby.  Every single medication out there poses some slight risk to the baby.  Even the medicines that your OB tells you you can take....yea those ones have risks too.
  • When you are sick, and you sneeze, you will pee yourself.  And not just a little bit.  A lot.
  • Boobs don't just leak after your milk comes in...there's this fun stuff, called colostrum, that can leak as early as 16 weeks in my case.
  • That full and lustrous hair that pregnant women are supposed to get?  Yea, apparently not everyone gets that because it's yet to kick in for me.
  • No matter how in shape you are, you will feel like a whale when that belly starts to grow.
These are all fun facts of pregnancy that no one warns you about, but in spite of all of this, it's still totally fun and an amazing experience.

2 comments:

  1. Shhhhh...don't let Steven know. ;) He's finally warming up to the idea so he needs to think it's all kittens and rainbows while I deal with this fun stuff. :) You and your belly are so beautiful even if you feel like a whale. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me just say, from one mommy to another, a big, fat LOL! I agree on all counts.

    ReplyDelete