Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Nursery Update #5

So upon ordering our crib, James and I thought that it was going to be the hardest part of setting up the nursery because everyone always talks about what a pain in the ass building the crib is.  Yea, not so.  See we also decided that Maxwell's room needed some kind of wall art, and we thought that a decal would be cool.  That thing was the biggest PAIN IN THE ASS to put up!  First of all, it came in 4 different sections and it does NOT peel easily from the backing as the instructions would have you believe.  All in all, it looks awesome and I'm so glad we did it.  But how funny is this?  We're putting this thing up and about 3/4 of the way through James stops and goes "You know this thing is not salvageable and we're going not going to be able to pack it when we move right?".  Haha.  Clearly, I know that, but I just thought it was hilarious that he was already thinking to the pain in the ass it would be to take this thing off the wall and then re-apply to our next place.  LOL.


Decal from 3rd Ave Shore on Etsy

3 comments:

  1. The crib is perfection! I love the decal! It really adds a lot to the room and breaks up all the bold colors a little. Is that a surfboard in the corner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a surfboard in the corner..lol. It's just part of the box to the crib. I still haven't convinced James to put his surfboard in there for decor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to get inspired, girl! Looks great (even if it IS a ginormous PITA)! Tell James I said to cough up the board and no one gets hurt... =)

    ReplyDelete