Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

15 Weeks




Baby size: 4 inches, 2.5 ounces, about the size of a naval orange.  The baby's legs are now longer than the arms and all 4 limbs have functional joints!
How far along: 15 Weeks.
Total weight gain: Starting weight: 131.5, Weight gain to date: I'm still at 137.5 this week, so 6 pounds.
Sleep: Sleep is not so great right now.  I have a pregnancy pillow, The Snoogle, but I have so much heartburn at night and the only comfortable position for me to sleep in is the one I'm not supposed to sleep in...on my back =(
Maternity Clothes: Still not really needing maternity pants, but they are definitely more comfortable on those bloated days.
Food cravings : None this week.  I've actually done better with eating this week.  I went to the produce market and got a whole bunch of healthy food for me and the baby.
Food aversions:  Still not eating marinara sauce.
Symptoms: Still lot's of heartburn, but less nausea.  Also, my nose has been really stuffed up.
Exercise: I got my prenatal workout DVDs this week and started those.  I like the workout because it feels like I'm working, but it's not as hard as what I would usually do.  So it's not sucking all of my energy away like the other workouts I was attempting to do.
Movement: Still nothing yet =(  I keep waiting to feel the flutters, but I still can't yet.
Belly Button: Still normal.
Gender: Stay tuned for January 16!  Only 5 more weeks!
What I’m looking forward to:  My next appt, Dec 27, where we'll get to hear the heartbeat again!
What I miss:  Fitting into my shirts!  I need shirts that are a good 6 inches longer than normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment