Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

14 Weeks

And the official beginning of the 2nd trimester!  Now that we've gotten this far, I've decided to change the bump updates a little.  I'm going to start taking the picture in the doorway to the nursery so that as we start to get it ready, you'll be able to see!  Also, I'm going to add a little pregnancy update questionnaire for you guys.



Baby size: 3.4 inches, 1.5 ounces, about the size of a lemon.  The baby has started to suck its thumb, wiggle its toes, and pee!  haha.  He or she is also starting to grow peach fuzz hair all over.
How far along: 14 Weeks.
Total weight gain: My starting weight was 131.5, my weight today is 137.5.  So 6 pounds so far, not too bad.  In my opinion, it's all in my boobs, I've gone up about a cup size and a half.
Sleep: Sometimes I sleep great, sometimes I wake up 5 or 6 or 7 times a night to pee or roll over or because James is crowding me.
Maternity Clothes: I sometimes wear my maternity jeans, but not because my other ones don't fit.  Usually it's because I was too lazy to do laundry and that's all that's clean.  Maternity or longer shirts are becoming a necessity because my ever growing bosom is stretching them all into belly baring tops.
Food cravings : I don't really have any.  I have been really good about not eating junk food and really limiting my intake of sugar.
Food aversions: Mine are weird.  It's never a specific thing that turns me off.  All food in general will just sound bad some of the time.
Symptoms: Heartburn's a bitch!  At night it's SO bad.  I take a couple of tums at night, but sometimes that doesn't even touch it.  Morning sickness is pretty much gone, but every once in awhile in the evenings it makes a return.  I have the driest skin imaginable!  This baby is sucking every ounce of moisture out of my body.  I feel like I'm drinking gallons of water and slathering on lotion every chance I get and I'm still dry as the Sahara desert!
Exercise: I haven't been good lately, due to lack of energy.  But I'm hoping that with this trimester comes more energy so that I can work out more.  I've still been working my abs, which I feel like I can see in the picture still.  And I try to walk when I can.  I ordered some prenatal workout DVDs to try out as well, so we'll see how I like them.
Movement: I have yet to feel the baby move.  I'm really looking forward to that, it will be an exciting moment.
Belly Button: Still normal.  Although, I have a really deep one, so I think it will take a long time to "pop" if it ever does.
Gender: Stay tuned for January 16!
What I’m looking forward to:  Feeling the baby move, meeting him or her for the first time, seeing James hold the baby, decorating the nursery.
What I miss:  Not feeling bloated and having heartburn and nausea all the time.  Other than that, it's been smooth sailing for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment