Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

36 Weeks

36 Weeks
Maxwell's size: Over 18.5 inches long, and around 6 lbs, about as much as a large coconut.
How far along: 36 Weeks, and only 28 days left til my due date!  It's hard to believe that he could really come any day at this point.  I see the doctor/midwife once a week now, so it's really sinking in that we're just waiting for him to arrive!
Total weight gain:  29.5 lbs.  (I'm not sure if that's right though because I forgot to weigh myself before I got dressed and ate this morning, so it might be a little off)
Sleep: Sleep was AWFUL this week.  I feel like I might have slept better if he was here and screaming all night!  I'm just super uncomfortable in any position and it's really hard to fall asleep when your body aches so much.
Stretch Marks: Still no stretch marks and I'm still slathering my belly with oil hoping that they stay away!
Symptoms: This week was just a lot of body aches and sore feet.  Heartburn wasn't too bad and the Braxton-Hicks seem to have subsided a bit, maybe because I've been drinking so much water.
MovementHe's still moving, but not as big of movements because he's getting cramped in there.  I mostly feel and see him pushing his little limbs out as he stretches.
Belly Button: It's surprisingly still in.  I really thought it would have popped out by now, but maybe it's not going to!
Misc: We still have a little organizing left to do in the nursery and I really need to pack the hospital bag!  But, I've been putting it off because I didn't feel like finishing the lining this week.  Hopefully that will get done tomorrow on my day off.  I'm so excited for him to get here and even though I want him to bake in there as long as he needs to, I'm really starting to get impatient for him to be here!

1 comment:

  1. If I'm inpatient for that little nugget's arrival, I cannot imagine what it is like for you. I'm excited to meet you Mr. Maxwell, but stay in there a little longer :)

    ReplyDelete