Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

One of the goals I had for this pregnancy (and I'm proud to say that so far I'm reaching my goal) was to never, ever just let myself go.  I told James in the very beginning that under no circumstances was he ever to allow me to walk out of the house in sweats unless we were going to work out or making a midnight run to Wawa (and even then I still wore yoga pants and looked cute!).  So far, I have managed to get myself fully dressed every day, with the exception of when I was sick and spend the whole day in bed.  This is important to me not so much for the superficial reasons of still wanting to look good, but because I think that allowing myself to just dress however I feel like it, i.e. letting myself go, leads to letting myself go in other areas.  I want to make sure that just because I'm having a baby I don't just change who I am completely because it's easier.  I know that with motherhood comes a lot of changes, but I just don't think any of those changes have to be negative.  And I certainly cannot allow myself to ever wear "mom" jeans, bleh.  I want to make sure I carry this goal over once he gets here.  Although I know it may not be realistic to get dressed every day once he gets here, I want to make sure I do something for myself every day, even in that means I just get to take a shower in the beginning.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! I felt the same after I had Annika...I still had a shower daily and managed to put on a little makeup, even if there were some days I wore sweats. You definitely do not have to lose yourself because you have a baby. On the bright side, Maxwell will be born in the summer, so a lovely sundress is cute AND comfortable!

    I'm with you on the mom jeans, but a chic mom-on-the-go walking short is okay. :)

    ReplyDelete