Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Today is day 3 of knowing I'm pregnant!  I was able to go in for a blood test yesterday, but we won't get the results til Monday.  As soon as I got off work yesterday, I went to the grocery store for some pregnancy appropriate food!  I got cottage cheese, bagels and cream cheese, all of the ingredients for a really awesome salad, some pastas, some soups, and not a single bit of junk food!  I'm pretty proud of myself on that one, but honestly it's so much different shopping for food when you know you're feeding this baby.  Because everything you pick up you're thinking "do I want the baby to eat that?".  It's a really cool feeling, but kinda scary too.

Next order of business is finding a baby safe acne regimen.  I've been using Salicylic Acid up until pregnancy, but I've read that it's not safe for baby because it has the same components of aspirin.  So I'll need to find something other than Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide (I'm allergic to that stuff), which could prove difficult since those are the 2 main ingredients in almost every acne treatment.  Yikes.

Also, my first OB appt is scheduled for October 7th!  Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Well then...my face might be screwed! Although, I just checked my facewash and it looks ok and doesn't have either the acid or the peroxide. I use the Target generic for Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser. Paired with my Clarisonic it does very well (seriously, check this out). Witch Hazel is a natural toner so check out too, although it's a little rough on my sensitive skin. I'm sure Sephora has a pregnancy only line too since they have everything. I'm excited to hear how your appointment goes!

    ReplyDelete