Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Guaifenesin: Day 1

One of the most notable side effects of Clomid, is that it can dry up your cervical mucus, or at least make it a more hostile environment for sperm and prevent you from ever getting that EWCM.  Fortunately, I didn't notice it dry up the first cycle, but I never rarely get EWCM to begin with.  Anyway, doctors recommend that if that happens while on the medication, you should take an expectorant to thin your cervical mucus to keep it a friendly environment for the sperm.

So today I start Guaifenesin (a.k.a. Mucinex).  

Also, James and I have made the decision that if this cycle does not work, we are going to ask to see a reproductive endocrinologist.  I love my OB, but OB's are not in the business of getting people pregnant, they are meant to take care of YOUR health during pregnancy.  An RE's sole purpose is to get you pregnant and keep you pregnant.  

**If you don't know what EWCM is and want to know (warning: gross), click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment