Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

WTF?

Before I say what I'm about to say, I'd like to preface it with the fact that I am not yet frustrated with the process of getting pregnant.  I know that it takes time and most professionals in the health field agree that it can take, on average, 8-12 months for a woman's cycles to return to normal after being on the pill.  Especially if she was on it for an extended period of time.  We're only on our 5th try, so I'm still in the "it will happen when it happens" mindset.

However.  I am SO shocked at the fact that so many people who are NOT trying to get pregnant and are even trying to prevent pregnancy seem to have the easiest time getting pregnant.  I don't understand why that is.  This thought is prompted by the fact that I was watching the 16 and Pregnant finale and one of the teens that ended up pregnant was fully on birth control.  I'm not saying she used it perfectly, but I'm not using it at all and I'm still not pregnant (well maybe not, we'll know soon) after 7 months of not using any forms of contraceptives and actively trying on the correct days for 5 months.

Just a frustrating thought that I decided to share.


1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! Not to be rude but why would god bless the teenagers who dont need the child and not bless the happy married couples who are trying. Im here for you <3

    ReplyDelete