Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Just when I thought my husband couldn't get any more thoughtful...

Last night was rough.  It was James second day back to work so I was home alone with Maxwell again.  The first night went pretty well.  Maxwell continued with his normal routine and I was able to go to bed at a reasonable time and got a somewhat decent amount of sleep.  But last night, he totally changed his tune.  He'd been on his normal schedule all day (eating every 2-3 hours and then awake for a bit and then back to sleep), he woke up to eat around 7pm when James left for work and he would NOT go back to sleep for anything.  I would nurse him, he would fall asleep, and then no matter what I did he would wake up again wanting more food or just to suck or just to be awake.  I tried just holding him, I tried the bassinet, I tried the swing, I tried the bouncy seat, I tried just walking around with him, I tried the Boba wrap....NOTHING would make that kid sleep.  He was still awake at 1am when James got home.  

So knowing that I only got about 2 hours of sleep the previous night, James stayed up to take care of Maxwell until 8am so that I could get some sleep.  I was so surprised to wake up on my own and see 8am on the clock!  I couldn't have asked for a better partner to experience parenthood with, James is just amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment