Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

1 week old and the last day at the hospital!



Maxwell has been released from the nursery and was taken off of their monitors this morning.  He's now on his home monitor and will spend tonight rooming in with me so that I can get used to the monitor.  Then, we get to go home tomorrow!  Such an exciting day!  In other news, I'm officially 1 week postpartum.  I'm pleasantly surprised at how quickly my belly has gone down!  An hour or so after delivery my belly measured 36" (3" less than my final pregnancy measurement), by the next day I was down to 35.5" and today I'm measuring at 30" around.  Also, I got an instant boob job my milk came in about 3 days postpartum and breastfeeding is going great.  Surprising, considering I didn't even get to attempt to nurse him until the end of day 2 and he'd already been given a bottle, a pacifier, and sugar water due to his traumatic experiences in the nursery.  I'm experiencing close to no pain anymore, even {down there}, and my body is really adjusting well to only getting 2-4 hours of sleep a day!  Hopefully everything keeps going in this direction and home life will be much the same if not easier.



1 comment:

  1. I love that James and Max have the same sleep face! So precious.

    You're looking fantastic, girl. I think pregnancy has suited you very well.

    ...and, by the way, your boobs look fierce.

    ReplyDelete