Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Results are finally in!

I talked to my OB today and she told me that my blood work shows that I did not ovulate this month and she thinks that I've probably been having anovulatory cycles off and on throughout us TTC.  That's why we're not getting pregnant and my cycles are not normal lengths.  I suppose this is good news since that's something that can be corrected with medication.

My period did start today, weird, because I didn't have ANY PMS symptoms this month.  Usually I have really sore boobs, cramps for like 4-5 days before, I feel like a whale, etc.  But nothing this time.  I still don't even have cramps.  Odd.

Next step:  The HSG.  I have to call and make my appointment tomorrow.  Hopefully they will be able to squeeze me in before I leave for Emma's wedding!  Otherwise, I'll have to wait til next cycle.  After the HSG is done and they know my tubes aren't blocked, I will go back to my OB to be put on Clomid to see if they can get me ovulating.  If after a few cycles of just that I'm not pregnant, she will refer me out to a fertility clinic for further evaluation.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for finally having a next step! Hope the meds help... I'm rooting for the simpler fix!

    ReplyDelete