Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

The summary

I met with my OBGYN this morning to discuss our options and the following is what's going to be going on with me for the next month or so.


  • Blood work today.  They took 7 vials!  I don't think I have any blood left!
  • More blood work on the 24th.
  • Still more blood work on the 1st of July.
All of that is to determine whether or not I am ovulating and what my hormone levels are.  Then...If I'm not pregnant after this cycle...
  • (On cycle day 7-10) A Hysterosalpingogram or "HSG".  Basically they inject dye into your uterus and tubes to make sure they are free of any blockage and anything else that would be preventing the sperm from reaching the egg or the egg from reaching the uterus.
If it is determined that I have a problem ovulating, I will go back to my OB and discuss whether or not to start medicinally induced ovulation (Clomid).  If we are still not pregnant on our own after a few cycles of Clomid, she would then refer us out to a Reproductive Endocrinologist.

I'm very happy with the way things are going.  I feel like the pace is good and my doctor was neither too pushy or too relaxed about it.  I feel like she has a good balance and listened to my needs.  So hopefully all of this will work out and we'll see where to go from there.

1 comment:

  1. Good deal. Glad your appt went well and your doctor was attentive... Still sucks that they have to bleed you dry but at least some answers should be coming along...

    ReplyDelete