Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Friday, June 6, 2014

Where did the time go?

I can't believe I have a 2 year old!  Maxwell has grown so much and is less and less a "baby" every day.  He's SUCH a BOY!  Wild, crazy, loud, dirty, energetic, rough, the list goes on and on.  

I know I've very much abandoned this blog, and I wish I hadn't, but life has gotten in the way.  I will say, the #1 reason I haven't posted is because I feel like such a failure that I don't have weekly or even monthly photos of him at this point.  That's not entirely true, I suppose, but I certainly don't have a ton of"good" photos that I've felt are blog worthy.  There are definitely upsides to being "photography savvy", but the downside is that you feel like you can't post the "not so good" shots for fear that it will reflect negatively on you as an artist.  Even though I'm not a professional photographer, I still take a lot of pride in my work.  That being said, I think I'm guilty of going by the assumption that everyone has Instagram or Facebook, and obviously that's not the case for some people (such as some of the older generations of my family). 

I'm going to do my best to start keeping up with this blog more, even if it's just a quick update or cell phone photo!  Especially since we will be moving in a little over 2 weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment