Hi! I'm Caitlin, wife of James and mama of Maxwell. I am a proud USCG wife, former ballerina, photographer, and retail manager. Being a working mom isn't easy, and this blog gets {seriously} neglected now and then {most of the time}, but I keep up with it when I can.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

2 Months Old

Maxwell's Stats

Weight:  {Will find out on August 23}
Length:  {Will find out on August 23}
Head Circumference:  {Will find out on August 23}
Clothing Size:  We are officially out of newborn clothes!  0-3 months fits him the best, but he can wear 3 month clothing from Carters.  He's definitely filled out since last month and has been wearing size 1 diaper for most of the month and will probably soon move on to 2's!
Feeding:  I'm happy to report that most of our breastfeeding issues are over!  He still has an occasional issue with latching, usually when he's very tired, but he's nursing the majority of the time now and only getting about 1 bottle (of pumped breast milk) a day!  That will increase a bit since I'm going back to work, but I'm confident that he's finally gotten the hang of nursing.
Sleeping:  This baby does not like to nap!  For most of the month he was sleeping about one 4-5 hour stretch at night, but waking up quite a bit after that.  Last night however, he slept through the night!  Which, for a baby his age, is sleeping for more than a 5 hour stretch.  He slept from 9:45pm to 4:45am without a peep and then went right back to sleep after nursing and didn't wake up until 7am.
Loves: Bath time, breast milk, sleeping on mommy's chest, his bouncy/vibrating seat, vocalizing, mornings.
Hates: Nap time, tummy time.




Favorite Moments




















Thoughts on the second month
Another month has flown by!  I'm so thankful that I got to be home with you for 2 whole months!  I'm sad to go back to work and leave you some of the time, but I'm so happy that you'll have most of that time to spend with your Daddy.  You have changed SO much this month and are getting so strong and have such a little personality!  You still love to be able to see everything and you don't like when you're laying flat on your back where it's hard to look around!  You smile all the time!  My favorite time with you is in the morning when you first wake up.  We go out to the couch and you lay there and SMILE and COO and SMILE some more at me!  I can't wait to hear your first laugh!  You are so curious about everything and you are starting to recognize even more sounds.  You stare at the TV when the shows are on that I used to watch with you in my belly.  You almost pushed up on your arms during tummy time the other day and we were so proud of you!  You're going to be mobile before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment